In this episode Traveller Interviews, I chat to the guys behind lensandsunscreen.com.
Garima and Mandar from “Lens and Sunscreen”, are travel bloggers from New York City. They work full-time in banking and IT industry but try to take time off every once in a while doing all types of travel – adventurous, luxury, road trips.
Here’s what they had to say.
What do you like best about travel?
Travelling gives you a new perspective on life and the experiences you gain from travelling are the greatest treasure. Meeting new people, talking to the locals, knowing a new culture is all so fascinating. Plus after a great vacation, we go back to work completely rejuvenated!
Describe your travel style?
Since we work full time, our vacation ranges anywhere from 2 days – 2 weeks. Depending on the size of the country we are visiting, we pick 2-3 places/cities that interest us rather than rushing and trying to cover all.
Do you have a favourite airline?
Not really, after flying on several airlines, we have a few on our not-so-favorite instead 😉
Your backpack/bag of choice?
- Camera & lens,
- sunscreen, (its lensandsunscreen after all! )
- travel adapter,
- Swimwear (no matter where you go u sure would get an opportunity to jump into a pool/river/sea)
- Essential medicines (Advil, Pudin Hara, Neosporin and Bengay)
- Swiss Army Knife
- Small backpack (for day trips to keep sweater, water, guidebooks, etc.. )
What about electronics?
We try to keep communication to a bare minimum while travelling. Electronics only includes our cell phones and tablet.
Handy Apps for travelling?
How about grooming?
Toothpaste, floss, deodorant and hand sanitizer are always in the bag.
What was the last product you added?
We are thinking of getting Go Pro for all the action packed activities we do.
Any travel tips you want to share?
1) Do not hesitate to book accommodation on Airbnb – you certainly can get an excellent apartment at a pretty reasonable price.
2) Keep yourself hydrated when travelling – it’s the best remedy for not getting constipated.
Where to next?
Our next destination is South America – Peru. We are looking forward to our stay in the Amazon Rainforest, hiking the second deepest canyon in the world – Colca Canyon and going to one of the new wonders of the world – Machu Picchu!
If you’re a traveller and would like to contribute to the next edition of Traveller Interviews, send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.