ToolsofTravel.com is an online travel blog that provides you the user with global recommendations, reviews, advice and personal travel stories.
Providing information online involves a great deal of trust on your part. This trust is taken very seriously, and is a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide when you visit the ToolsofTravel website or use any related services.
What information ToolsofTravel collects from you
ToolsofTravel receives and stores any information you enter on the website or provide in any other way. This includes information that can be used to identify you as an individual or to contact you directly (“personal information”).
Personal information includes information you provide such as your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, user name and password, and billing information (such as your credit card number, cardholder name, and card expiration date).
You can choose not to provide this personal information, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to receive relevant offerings from ToolsofTravel and its affiliates and enjoy other benefits of using the website.
Other information ToolsofTravel may choose to collect may also include details such as your IP address, information identifying your device, and website browsing history to the extent that information is about you.
Information about others
You will have the opportunity to provide contact and travel-related information for other people through the ToolsofTravel website. If you make a reservation for someone else through a link on the ToolsofTravel website, you will need to submit that individual’s personal information. You must obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing their personal information, as any access to view or modify their information will be available only through your account.
Information from other sources
Automatic collection of information
Some information from your computer or device is automatically collected when you visit ToolsofTravel. For example, session data, including your IP address, web browser software, and referring website. Also information about your online activity may be collected, such as content viewed, pages visited, and searches and/or reservations facilitated or made. The goal in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests and preferences of our users and customize your user experience.
Cookies and other web technologies
ToolsofTravel collects information via cookies. Cookies are small text files that are automatically placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit almost any website. They are stored by your Internet browser. Cookies contain basic information about your Internet use. Your browser sends these cookies back to the site every time you revisit it, so it can recognize your computer or mobile device and personalize and improve your site experience.
You can find out more detailed information about cookies in the Cookies Policy.
- To help customise the content, experience, and advertisements provided to you on the website and on other websites across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
Display of advertising/your choices
ToolsofTravel is committed to providing you with relevant content and information across our sites.
To do this, ToolsofTravel may collect information about your travel-related searches and other site activities, such as whether you are looking for airline flights or hotels, and use this information to serve you with ads on the site or elsewhere online that match your interests. So, for example, if you search for a flight to Melbourne, you may see an ad for a Melbourne travel package on ToolsofTravel or on another website you visit.
This website only shares your personal contact information (such as email addresses) with affiliated third parties so they can serve you with advertisements.
Data collected by affiliates and ad networks to serve you with relevant advertising
Many of the advertisements you see on this site are served by affiliated providers. These third parties include (1) business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on our sites, and (2) advertising networks, who collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different websites on the Internet. The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements on our sites and across the Internet tailored to your interests.
How your information is used
ToolsofTravel uses the information we collect about you for the following general purposes:
- for registration and to manage your account, including to allow your access to and use of our site;
- to communicate with you in general, including to provide information about ToolsofTravel
- to enable us to publish your comments, and other content to the ToolsofTravel blog;
- to respond to your questions;
- to measure interest in and improve products, services, and website;
- to notify you about special offers and products or services available from affiliates that may be of interest to you in accordance with your marketing preferences;
- to otherwise customise your experience with ToolsofTravel, including customising the ads shown to you;
- to solicit information from you, including through surveys;
- to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems;
- to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
ToolsofTravel wants to make it easy for you to take advantage of travel-related opportunities on website. One way this is done is by sending you email messages that contain information about your travel-related interests in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, if your marketing preference is to receive email marketing messages, then if you search for a flight to Sydney on the website, ToolsofTravel may send you an email message about airfares and travel to Sydney or other destinations. These email messages will provide you with useful information about travel-related special offers available through the sites and affiliates. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages.
Please review “Your rights and choices with respect to the collection and use of your information” section below for more information.
Sharing your information
ToolsofTravel may share your information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on the websites behalf, including business analytics, payment processing, customer service, marketing, public relations, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. ToolsofTravel may also authorise third-party vendors to collect information on the webistes behalf, including, for example, as necessary to operate features of the website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom ToolsofTravel may offer products or services in conjunction. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose to access these optional services, ToolsofTravel may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Affiliated Websites. If you were referred to ToolsofTravel from another website, your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and travel preferences, about you with maybe shared with that referring website. ToolsofTravel has not placed limitations on the referring websites’ use of personal information and encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you to ToolsofTravel.
ToolsofTravel also may share your information in sole discretion, that such disclosure is necessary:
- to comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us;
- in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
If you choose to post on ToolsofTravel, certain information will be publicly viewable and identifiable by your screen name. ToolsofTravel will not share your email address with any other members nor display it any public manner.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
ToolsofTravel also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, sharing with advertisers the number of visitors the website receives or the most popular travel destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How is your information for
ToolsofTravel may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity. The periods for which ToolsofTravel retains your information depend on the purpose for which it is collected and used.
ToolsofTravel will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary. ToolsofTravel may retain some information for a period of time after you have closed your account, for instance if this is necessary to meet legal obligations or to exercise, defend or establish legal rights.
Your rights and choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
You can choose not to provide us with your personal information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on ToolsofTravel.
ToolsofTravel tries to ensure that your personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete.
If you decide to close your ToolsofTravel account it will be deactivated and your profile information removed.
You can close your ToolsofTravel account by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. ToolsofTravel will send you an email to confirm your request. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time.
Whether registered as a ToolsofTravel member or not, you also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages in any such email we send.
Please note that we may send you other communications, including service announcements, and administrative messages relating to your ToolsofTravel account.
How is your information protected
You as a user should feel confident about using this website. While no website can guarantee security, measures have been implemented and maintain appropriate physical, administrative, technical, and organisational procedures to protect the personal information you provided against unauthorised or unlawful access, use of disclosure, and against accidental loss, damage, alteration or destruction.
ToolsofTravel is an adult audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be under the age of 18 send personal information to us, it will be deleted as soon as reasonably possible.